Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Better Late Than Never, Right?


Yes, I know what day it is. And yes I’m just now talking about my new year’s resolution. It's kind of a resolution.

 I want it to be a lifestyle.

Here’s where it all came from:

I saw a picture of me from last summer. I wasn’t fat or anything, just…not where I want to be. I decided I wanted a change in my body. The thing is, I don't need to lose weight. I just want to get toned but not 'Am I Really a Woman' or ‘See? I Work Out All the Time’ toned. I just want to gain muscle and tonage.
Is that a word?
It is now.

Here's my plan:
 
 I am not using a scale. Like I said, I don't need to lose weight, so there is no need to keep track of how much I lose. 

However,


I am using a tape measure. I want to see my progress by seeing inches disappear and muscle show.

WATER! This one is hard for me. I always forget because I’m not a thirsty person. 
My goal is to drink half my body weight in ounces every day. I really need to stay hydrated. Plus water is just plain good for you.

I’m taking multi vitamins, biotin and omega-3 vits. 


Every time I think of Omega 3 it reminds me of A Cinderella Story
Fiona: Is this the Norwegian salmon I asked for? Because I need my omega-3s. Sam: Only the best. Fiona: Mmm. I can tell. You know it costs a fortune to fly that stuff in from Norwegia

I am not going to the gym. Therefore I have no excuses. Gyms are too much of an inconvenience for me. It’s that simple.  

The routines I do are only using my body weight and can be completed at home. I used to find all of my work outs from Pinterest. I just mix four to six of them and get a satisfying work out.
But now, I have discovered Blogilates. It's free and omg does she work you out! She's motivational, adorable and fun! I absolutely loooove working out to her videos.

I'm eating mostly clean. I am cooking almost everything from scratch and having the "If I can't grow it in my backyard/can't raise it, think twice" mindset.

I am drinking green tea. Every day. There are so many health benefits from it and it's so easy to incorporate into your day!


I can sense the pride coming from my Obaachan in Japan.


Here's a little motivation for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment