Thursday, November 22, 2012

First New York Holiday

My first major holiday without my family is today and I feel incomplete and uncomfortable. This is not normal. 

I should be getting ready to go to my Aunt Ila's house and see all of our relatives from all over the country. I should be bracing myself for questions about life, work and Isabella. I should be worrying about Bella because she isn't used to being around so many people. I should be part of "pass the phone" with family members who couldn't make it to Atlanta. Instead, I will be on the other end. I will be that member who will get lost in the phone shuffle, hoping they don't hang up just yet because I want...need to speak to everyone. 

For the first time in seven years, I will miss all the mayhem and "homemade" food that Aunt Ila claims she made. I will miss the intense amount of hugs, the laughing and excited children, not being able to think...just taking in that hectic but special family time that happens but once a year. 

Waaah, I miss my family and I am so thankful for them.




No comments:

Post a Comment