Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

While I miss my family in Georgia, I must enjoy the family I'm with today. 

We have food upon food, holiday decor, played in the yard and spent time with family we haven't seen in a while.
Oh, I actually made a few contributions this year, a festive banner and bacon wrapped green beans.
Pats on the back for me!
BTDubbs, everyone loved my green beans! (Recipe below)
Now I KNOW I'm in good with the family.
Cindy won't stop bragging about me to her family. Hehe.

Oh, and my sweet little sister finally got a phone!
She was so happy.
I wish I was there with her but I know I was the first person she called when she got it. 

I also had my first Black Friday experience. Well kinda, because
1. It was Target at 9pm on Thanksgiving
2. I didn't have a specific product in mind so there wasn't any build up and
 3. I had gone Black Friday shopping with my mom and sister before but it was beyond boring and we didn't even get anything so it doesn't really count.
 

Pretending Black Friday shopping is hectic



I must say it was a pretty good first holiday away from home. 

Now, for a dope ass recipe.


 BACON WRAPPED GREEN BEANS: 

1/2 lb green beans
 8 strips of bacon
3/4 cup brown sugar
 1 garlic clove
 1/8 teaspoon soy sauce
3 tablespoons of melted butter

-Preheat oven to 350
-Blanch green beans
-Cut bacon strips in half
-Wrap 5-6 green beans in bacon and place in greased pan seam side down
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, garlic, soy sauce and butter
-Pour mixture onto green beans and bake in the oven 30-40 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked.
-Let your taste buds enjoy the excellence that you have prepared.You can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment