Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Brain Activity

I've been doing some thinking.

[insert clever joke here]

I am twenty one and have no idea what I want to do for my career.
I know I'm not the only twenty one year old with this issue.
I know people my age change their majors all the time.
My problem?
I have a child.
I have someone who looks up to me and depends on me.
I don't have time to bullshit while I try to figure out my life.

Luckily, I have an incredibly supportive boyfriend and I don't need to work right now.
So being a stay at home mom is fine.
[Plus I wouldn't want anyone else spending this time with Bella.]

But I want to work.
I want to be successful and have a career.
I like feeling productive [outside of the house].

I was going to school for Business Marketing but realized that may not be what I want to do.
So instead of wasting time and money, I'm taking time off to discover what I want.


I have interest in several fields.
So in attempt to modify my options,
I took one of those lame career path tests and this is what it said:

“People with Blue interests like activities that allow them to be creative. This can be through more traditional visual arts, writing or musical pursuits although not limited to these. The creativity is often expressed in thinking of new ideas or strategies that can have a broad range of applications. Blue interests often like thinking about the future and planning for long term benefits. Hobbies include: performing or listening to music, attending theater, storytelling, journaling, decorative arts, painting. Career choices often are: Editor, Journalist, Teacher, Strategic Planner, Consultant, Performing Arts, Marketing, Communications, Research and Development.”

It actually makes complete sense.

All of this describes me.

I'm thinking either cosmetology school, a degree in Communications or Fashion Marketing/Merchandising.

I am artistic yet logical.

I am a people person--In every sense of the phrase. I like talking to people, meeting people, working with people, I love people.

I love clothes, hair, and styling in general.
I cut my mom's hair all the time and gets compliments all the time! I could build clientele just from that bish alone.
A career in clothing? It's more than my love for shopping. I like combining looks and finding what works for who. Learning how to market clothing would be a dream career.

Whatever I decide, it needs to be fast.

I really want to get my shit together because I want to go to school to get a degree [or training] in whatever I choose as soon as I possibly can.

I’m tired of feeling like a loser.

Thankfully, I have Bob Marley to remind me,


No comments:

Post a Comment